FamilyDoctor.org’s vision is to be the number one choice for all individuals seeking trusted health and wellness information online.
The mission of FamilyDoctor.org is to provide scientifically accurate information from a family medicine perspective to improve the health of all individuals and communities by:
- Empowering patients to make informed decisions about their health and wellness;
- Educating parents, caretakers and families to support healthful behaviors, disease prevention and effective management of common diseases;
- Providing tools to facilitate discussions between patients and family physicians;
- Strengthening the relationships between patients and their family physicians;
- Increasing awareness of the importance of family medicine among the public.
The content on FamilyDoctor.org is intended for all individuals who are seeking reliable health information. Health content is written at a 6th to 8th grade reading level to make information understandable and accessible to all users. Content written specifically to children and teens is also available on the site.