- Is it possible that my/my loved one’s mental or behavioral changes are just a normal part of aging, not a symptom of disease?
- Do I/Does my loved one have dementia? How can you tell?
- Do you think that my/my loved one’s symptoms might be caused by Alzheimer’s disease?
- What tests do I/does my loved one need?
- If it is Alzheimer’s disease, what kind of care will I/my loved one need, now and in the future?
- What treatments do you recommend now? As the disease progresses?
- Should I/we think about participating in any clinical trials? What are the pros and cons of participating in a clinical trial?
- What lifestyle changes can I/my loved one make at home to help relieve symptoms?
- What can I, as a caregiver, do to make my loved one more comfortable?
See a list of resources used in the development of this information.
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff