- What is the likely cause of my arrhythmia?
- What kind of arrhythmia do I have? Is it life threatening?
- What’s the best treatment option for my type of arrhythmia? Medicine? Surgery?
- Will I need a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator?
- How do I know if my condition is getting worse? What should I do if it gets worse?
- What lifestyle changes should I make to reduce my risk of complications?
- How will my life change now that I know I have an arrhythmia? Do I need to avoid any activities?
Acute Management of Atrial Fibrillation: Part II. Prevention of Thromboembolic Complications by DE King, MD; LM Dickerson, PharmD; JL Sack, MD (American Family Physician July 15, 2002, http://www.aafp.org/afp/20020715/261.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff