- My child has asthma. Will he or she grow out of it?
- Will you provide written instructions for my/my child’s treatment plan?
- What information do I need to give my child’s school about his/her treatment?
- Would allergy testing help determine what’s causing asthma symptoms?
- What changes can I make at home to relieve my/my child’s asthma symptoms?
- Is it safe to exercise and/or play sports with asthma?
- What are the signs of an emergency? What should I do in an emergency?
Some information adapted from "What you and your family can do about asthma," a patient information booklet published by the Global Initiative for Asthma, a joint effort of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the World Health Organization. This and other publications are available through the Internet (http://www.ginasthma.com).
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff