- What is the likely cause of my child’s condition?
- If my child has congenital adrenal hyperplasia, could our other children have it too? Do I have it?
- We’ve considered having another child. Will that child be at risk?
- What is the best treatment option? Will my child need to take medicine? For how long?
- Is my child at risk for any long-term health problems?
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia: Not Really a Zebra by MA Deaton, JE Glorioso, DB McLean (American Family Physician March 01, 1999, http://www.aafp.org/afp/990301ap/1190.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff