- What is the likely cause of my child’s heart problem?
- What kind of heart problem does my child have?
- What kind of treatment does he/she need? Medicine? Surgery?
- What are the risks associated with the treatment?
- What is the recovery time for this treatment?
- What are some signs that my child’s condition is getting worse?
- Is my child at risk for any long-term health problems?
Caring for Infants with Congenital Heart Disease and Their Families by RB Saenz, M.D., DK Beebe, M.D., and LC Triplett, M.D. (American Family Physician April 01, 1999, http://www.aafp.org/afp/990401ap/1857.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff