- What is the likely cause of my Cushing’s syndrome?
- If the corticosteroid medicine I take is causing my Cushing’s syndrome, is there a different medicine I can take instead?
- How do I safely stop taking a corticosteroid?
- What are the results of my blood and/or urine test(s)? What do these results mean?
- Will I need surgery? What risks are associated with surgery?
- Will I need to take a cortisol replacement? For how long?
- When can I expect relief from my symptoms?
- Am I at risk for any long-term health problems?
Cushing's Disease: Clinical Manifestations and Diagnostic Evaluation by LF Kirk, Jr., M.D., RB Hash, M.D., HP Katner, M.D., and T Jones, M.D. (American Family Physician September 01, 2000, http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000901/1119.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff