- My mother has diabetes. Should I be tested?
- I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. If I lose weight and eat better, will it go away?
- What is the best thing I can do to control my diabetes?
- Am I at risk for any complications from diabetes?
- Which glucose meter is best for me?
- Will I need to take insulin?
- Are there any other medicines I can take to help control diabetes?
- Are my children at higher risk for diabetes?
- What exercise program is right for me?
- When should I call my doctor?
See a list of resources used in the development of this information.
Portions of this article were developed by the American Academy of Family Physicians in cooperation with the American Diabetes Association.
Portions of this article were developed as part of an educational program made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from LifeScan, Inc., makers of OneTouch Blood Glucose Meters.
Portions of this article were developed with general underwriting support from The Coca-Cola Company.
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff