What are the symptoms of diabetic neuropathy?
Diabetic neuropathy can cause the following symptoms:
- Numbness (loss of feeling) or painful tingling and burning in parts of the body, especially your fingers, toes, hands or feet
- Muscle weakness and difficulty walking
- Cuts, sores or blisters on your feet that don't hurt as much as you would expect, and that also heal very slowly
- Bladder problems such as urinary tract infections and urinary incontinence (the loss of bladder control)
- Digestive problems such as bloating, abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Erectile dysfunction (in men) and vaginal dryness (in women)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff