- My ear hurts and itches. Could I have swimmer’s ear?
- How can I make my child more comfortable?
- When should I call my doctor?
- If my child has frequent ear infections, will he/she have to have ear tubes?
- If my child gets several ear infections, could he/she have trouble hearing?
- Is there anything I can do to help my child hear better?
- My child has allergies. Will he/she be more likely to get ear infections?
- When will my doctor prescribe antibiotics for my child?
- How often will my child need to see the doctor if he/she has frequent ear infections?
- If fluid drains from my child’s ear, should I call the doctor right away?
See a list of resources used in the development of this information.
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff