- What is the likely cause of my Hashimoto’s disease?
- What are the results of my blood test(s)? What do these results mean?
- What is the best treatment option? Will I need medicine?
- What are the side effects of the medicine? How long will I need to take it?
- When can I expect relief from my symptoms?
- Am I at risk for any long-term health problems?
Thyroiditis: Differential Diagnosis and Management by J Slatosky, D.O., B Shipton, D.O., and H Wahba, M.D. (American Family Physician February 15, 2000, http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000215/1047.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff