Inhalant Abuse | Treatment


What should I do if I think my child has been using inhalants?

Be honest with your child. Tell him or her about the dangers of inhalant abuse. Talk to your child about your concerns in a way that shows you want to help.

If your child is having physical symptoms, such as headaches or dizziness, take him or her to a doctor. Ask if your doctor has experience dealing with children who have abused inhalants. You may also want to ask your child's guidance counselor, school nurse, teacher or coach for help.


Recognition and Prevention of Inhalant Abuse by CE Anderson, M.D., and GA Loomis, M.D. (American Family Physician September 01, 2003,

Written by editorial staff

Reviewed/Updated: 03/14
Created: 11/04