- What treatment is best for me?
- Should I stop taking my medicine?
- Will I need surgery?
- Should I see a urologist?
- Are there any medicines I should take?
- What is causing the interstitial nephritis?
- Will I need dialysis?
- If I need dialysis, will I have to do it for the rest of my life?
- Could this cause permanent damage to my kidneys?
- How often will I need to come in for follow-up visits?
Diagnosis and Management of Acute Interstitial Nephritis by CM Kodner, M.D. and A Kudrimoti, M.D. (American Family Physician June 15, 2003, http://www.aafp.org/afp/20030615/2527.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff