How can my doctor tell if I have keratosis pilaris?
Your doctor will be able to tell if you have keratosis pilaris by looking at your skin and talking to you about your symptoms. Your doctor will examine your skin and rule out other medical conditions.
Some of the questions your doctor may ask you include:
- When did you first notice the symptoms?
- Do you have them all the time or do they come and go?
- What seems to relieve your symptoms?
- What seems to make them worse?
- Does anyone in your family have a similar problem?
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff