What are the symptoms of lichen sclerosus?
Sometimes, lichen sclerosus does not have any symptoms. If you do have symptoms, they may include:
- Smooth, shiny, white spots on the skin
- Skin that is thin, wrinkled, and may tear easily
- Skin that is red or bruised, scaly or cracked
- Bleeding or blistering in the affected area
- Itching, pain or discomfort in the affected area
- Painful urination
- Pain during sex
- Painful bowel movements and constipation (if lichen sclerosus occurs in the anal area)
What are the symptoms of lichen simplex chronicus?
Symptoms of lichen simplex chronicus may include:
- Itchiness around the vulva
- Dark or red skin around the vulva
- Small cuts on or around the vulva
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff