Microscopic Hematuria | Treatment


What will my doctor do if I have microscopic hematuria?

If the cause of the blood in your urine is clear, your doctor will probably treat you. Then your doctor will check your urine again to see if the blood is gone. If it's not, your doctor may perform more tests or refer you to a urologist.

Remember that it is always important to find out the cause of blood in your urine.


Evaluation of Asymptomatic Microscopic Hematuria in Adults by TR Thaller, M.D. and LP Wang, M.D. (American Family Physician September 15, 1999, http://www.aafp.org/afp/990915ap/1143.html)

Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff

Reviewed/Updated: 03/14
Created: 09/00