Osteopenia | Diagnosis & Tests


How can I know if I have osteopenia?

If your doctor suspects you have low bone mass, he or she may suggest you have a bone density test. A common test that measures bone density is called a dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA). This test measures the density of the bones in your hips, spine and wrist.


See a list of resources used in the development of this information.

Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff

Created: 05/10