- I have a chronic condition. Am I at higher risk for pneumonia?
- Do I have bacterial, viral or fungal pneumonia? What’s the best treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- How serious is my pneumonia? Will I need to be hospitalized?
- What can I do at home to help relieve my symptoms?
- What are the possible complications of pneumonia? How will I know if I’m developing complications?
- What should I do if my symptoms don’t respond to treatment or get worse?
- Do we need to schedule a follow-up exam?
- Do I need any vaccines?
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff