- I thought I’d feel differently after giving birth. Are my feelings normal?
- Do my symptoms indicate postpartum depression?
- What treatment option do you recommend for me? Do I need medicine?
- I’m breastfeeding. Is this treatment safe for the baby?
- How long before I can expect relief from my symptoms?
- What can I do at home to help relieve my symptoms?
- What should I do if my symptoms don’t get better, or if I feel like I might hurt myself or my baby?
- If I have another baby, what are my chances of having postpartum depression again?
Postpartum Major Depression: Detection and Treatment by C. Neill Epperson, M.D. (American Family Physician April 15, 1999, http://www.aafp.org/afp/990415ap/2247.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff