What are the symptoms of psoriasis?
The symptoms of psoriasis may include:
- Pink or red, raised patches of scaly skin
- Dry, cracked or flaky skin (it may also bleed at times)
- Skin that burns, is itchy or sore
- Thick, pitted fingernails
- Pus-filled blisters on the red patches of skin (in more severe cases)
The symptoms most often appear on the skin of the knees and elbows, although psoriasis may occur anywhere on the body (including the scalp, palms of the hands, soles of the feet, mouth and skin on the joints).
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff