When should I call my child's doctor?
You should call your doctor right away if you or your child has any of these signs:
- Swollen hands or feet
- Sudden paleness of the skin or nail beds
- Yellow color of the skin or eyes
- Fever or signs of infection
- Swelling in the abdomen (tummy)
- Sudden tiredness with no interest in what is going on
- Erection of the penis that won't go away
- Trouble hearing or seeing
- Weakness on one side of the body or a sudden change in speech
- Trouble breathing
- Joint, stomach, chest or muscle pain, or limping
See a list of resources used in the development of this information.
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff