Small Vessel Disease | Diagnosis & Tests


How will my doctor know if I have small vessel disease?

If you have any of the symptoms of small vessel disease, talk to your doctor. Your doctor will perform tests to determine that your symptoms are not being caused by a blockage in your large coronary arteries.

If you are having chest pain that extends from your chest into the jaw, left arm or left shoulder, get medical help immediately.


See a list of resources used in the development of this information.

Written by editorial staff

Created: 05/10