What are warts?
Warts are small growths on the skin that normally don’t cause pain. Some warts itch and may hurt, especially if they’re on your feet. There are five kinds of warts:
- Common warts usually appear on the hands
- Flat warts usually appear on the face and forehead
- Genital warts (condyloma) appear on the genitals, in the pubic area and between the thighs
- Plantar warts are found on the bottoms of the feet
- Subungual and periungual warts are found under or around the fingernails and toenails
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff