Tuberous Sclerosis | Questions to Ask Your Doctor

  • My child is having seizures. Does he or she have tuberous sclerosis?
  • Can my child’s tuberous sclerosis be treated with surgery?
  • Are there any medicines that can make my child better?
  • I have one child who has tuberous sclerosis. If I have another baby, will he or she have tuberous sclerosis, too?
  • My child has seizures related to tuberous sclerosis. What other common symptoms should I watch for?
  • Will my child be mentally retarded?


Recognizing an Index Case of Tuberous Sclerosis by JS Hurst, M.D. and S Wilcoski, M.D. (American Family Physician February 01, 2000,

Written by editorial staff

Reviewed/Updated: 04/14
Created: 02/00