What are symptoms of eustachian tube dysfunction?
If you have eustachian tube dysfunction:
- Your ears may feel plugged or full.
- Sounds may seem muffled.
- You may feel a popping or clicking sensation (children may say their “ear tickles”).
- You may have pain in one or both ears.
- You may hear ringing in your ears (called tinnitus).
- You may sometimes have trouble keeping your balance.
Your symptoms may get worse when you are flying (because of altitude changes). Riding in elevators, driving through mountains or diving may also make your symptoms worse.
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff