- I’m pregnant and I have high blood pressure. Am I at risk for pregnancy-induced hypertension?
- What can I do to reduce my risk of PIH?
- Do I need any tests? How often will I need to see you for check-ups?
- Is my health or my baby’s health at risk?
- What are my treatment options? What is the best treatment for me?
- Will I need bed rest?
- Will it be necessary to induce labor? Will I need a C-section?
- What are the risks of early delivery for my baby?
NHBPEP Report on High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy: A Summary for Family Physicians by MA Zamorski, M.D., M.H.S.A. and LA Green, M.D., M.P.H. (American Family Physician July 15, 2001, http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010715/263.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff