Reactive Arthritis | Diagnosis & Tests


How can my doctor tell if I have reactive arthritis?

There's isn't a specific test for reactive arthritis. Your doctor will make the diagnosis based on your symptoms and other information they get from you during your appointment.

Your doctor may also want to test you for an STI, since it's possible to have an STI without knowing it.


Reactive Arthritis (Reiter's Syndrome) by WF Barth, M.D. and K Segal, M.D. (American Family Physician August 01, 1999,

Written by editorial staff

Reviewed/Updated: 04/14
Created: 08/99