- If I have prediabetes, will I get diabetes?
- What is the best step I can take to avoid getting diabetes?
- My father has diabetes. Should I be screened for prediabetes on a regular basis?
- I have diabetes. Should I have my children screened for prediabetes?
- I had gestational diabetes. Should I be screened for prediabetes regularly?
- Are there any foods I should eat that will help me to avoid prediabetes?
- Should I speak with a dietitian about changing what I eat?
Impaired Glucose Tolerance and Impaired Fasting Glucose by Shobha S. Rao, M.D., Phillip Disraeli, M.D., and Tamara McGregor, M.D. (American Family Physician April 15, 2004, http://www.aafp.org/afp/20040415/1961.html)
Written by familydoctor.org editorial staff